Available for any type of HVAC Service
We can help
Energy Efficiency Audits
Energy efficiency audits will tell you why your energy bills are too high. You will understand why parts of your home are hard to keep warm or cool. Most importantly, you will know what to do to correct it all. This is one of the best investments the modern home or building owner can make. This investment is indispensable for home buyers. Wasting energy dollars is expensive, you canâ€™t afford not to have this essential assessment.
Energy efficiency audits give you facts, not sales pitches.Â Call 703-COMFORT/703-266-3678 for a free estimateÂ on residential or commercial building auditing.
Because you have selected a professional HVAC contractor to conduct your audit, we save you the hassle of looking for firms to perform the corrections you select. If a home or business owner chooses to do nothing, we are happy to have completed their energy efficiency audits and will never use high pressure tactics.
A professional energy audit will take about 3 hours
- We begin with an examination of your home or commercial space, room by room, and will also look at your utility bills. We also gather information about your familyâ€™s comfort preferences, or your workplace requirements.
- When the manual examination is complete, some energy efficiency audits utilize what is called a â€œblower doorâ€ to determine where heat and cold are leaking.
- We may also employ a thermo graphic scan. This will find where heat is escaping in walls.
Who should schedule home energy efficient audits?
- Anyone who owns a home that is 10 years old or more; the older the home, the less energy efficient it is
- Anyone who has distinctly higher utility bills than your neighbors
- Anyone who cannot get even heating and cooling; from room to room temperatures vary and you feel drafts
- Anyone who is planning to replace HVAC equipment
- Anyone who wants to reduce your carbon footprint
Who should schedule commercial energy efficiency audits?
- Businesses that have temperature differences between rooms and offices
- Commercial buildings looking for accurate information on their energy usage and ideas on how to improve it.
- Managers looking for places to cut waste and improve the bottom line; energy waste is very expensive.
- Any company who has decided to go green and needs to know how to get started.
Commercial energy efficiency audits give the answers. This will aid in making long-term capital budget plans for HVAC and building improvements.
Seal air leaks and insulation: Obvious leaks around windows, doors, and electrical outlets are common areas leakage is found. Attics and chimneys may be letting even more air in and out. Along with air sealing, we may recommend that you add insulation. Many older homes and buildings are not well-insulated and some do not have insulation at all.
Sealing ducts: Leaks in ductwork result in poor air flow â€“ which may be a contributor to the uneven temperatures uncovered by energy efficiency audits. Approximately one third of the output of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems is lost through leaking ducts, according to The U.S. Department of Energy and the Electric Power Research Institute.
New heating and cooling systems: if your furnace or air conditioner is more than 10 years old, you should consider replacing it with high-efficiency heating and cooling equipment that has earned the ENERGY STARÂ® label.
Upgrading appliances, hot water heater and lighting: energy used by these three can account for half of a home’s total utility bill. Savings from eliminating waste adds up quickly.
Energy efficiency audits are affordable and cost-effective for homeowners and businesses
Call 703-COMFORT/703-266-3678 for a free estimate
We perform energy efficiency audits in Alexandria, Arlington, McLean, Fairfax, and all surrounding cities.
2019 Carrier President's Award
We have been awarded the 2019 Carrier President’s Award. This is Carrier’s highest honor and is presented to an elite group of Carrier Factory Authorized Dealers who have achieved excellence. We exemplify our company’s model for customer satisfaction, operational excellence, business effectiveness and delivering the best in cutting edge technology to our consumers.
- 3 Levels of Service Agreements with discounts
- Energy audits for your home or office
- We service ALL brands of heating and A/C units
Award Winning Service
Winner of Carrier’s highest honor with the 2019 Carrier Presidents Award.
Highly Trained Techs
Our technicians are trained in the latest technology to save you money and increase the life of your HVAC unit
Licence & Insured
Our service team is licensed and insured for your protection on every job we perform.
What should be a high priority when purchasing Heating and Cooling system?
The quality of installation. Replacing a heating and cooling system is a big investment. Although there are a lot of good manufacturers of heating and cooling equipment, the equipment is only as good as the installation. For example, air conditioners and heat pumps should be charged per the manufacturer specifications. This procedure is known as the Superheat or Sub-cooling method. The contractor you choose should know these procedures, if they don’t, your installation will not be done correctly.