Available for any type of HVAC Service
We can help
Central Air Conditioning and Heating Systems in Northern Virginia
Central air conditioning and heating systems are engineered today to be better than they have ever been in history. You will receive energy savings, money savings, as well as a level of comfort unheard of ten years ago. We are excited to show you these innovations!
You have chosen the specialists in central air conditioning and heating systems in Northern Virginia. Call 703-COMFORT/703-266-3678 today for a free estimate.
Your air conditioning and heating installation usually involves replacing both indoor and outdoor pieces at once if done correctly. This ensures the system you are investing in achieves its designed capacity and efficiency.
There are two types of central air conditioners:
- Split System: This has an outdoor piece called a condenser (heat pump or air conditioner) and is paired with an indoor piece called either a furnace or air handler.
- Package System: Combines both the indoor and outdoor pieces as one. This package system is located outdoors. Generally, package systems are used for commercial applications or specific residential applications.
Both of these types of central air conditioning and heating systems quietly heat and cool your home. They also control humidity levels in both heating and cooling seasons.
If you have a furnace that is newer or working well but you do not have central air conditioning, we can pair the existing furnace with new central air conditioning system.
Heat pumps: These are central air conditioning and heating systems also that handle the heating and cooling in with one unit called a heat pump. If you heat your home with electricity, a heat pump system is more efficient. It can produce two or three times more heat using the same amount of electricity your electric furnace is using now. That can translate into a 30 to 40 percent cut in your electricity bill.
- Heat pumps, air conditioners and furnaces with the ENERGY STAR label qualify consumers for a tax credit of up to 30% of the cost of the unit. This is a credit, so the full amount comes right off the top of your tax bill. Not only will you receive a tax rebate, you also recieve significant utility cost savings.
We stand by our installation workmanship by guaranteeing 100% satisfaction. That is not an idle boast. Carrier, the first-rate central air conditioning and heating systems manufacturer, has ranked us in the top 1% of furnace installation contractors in the US.
Why this benefits you: An improperly installed unit will not operate at its peak efficiency and can be more prone to breakdowns. You will be saddled with these problems for the 15 to 20 year life of the system. Many contractors sell central air conditioning and heating systems, however no other company in Northern Virginia matches our technicians training and record of flawless installations.
Choosing a system is all about efficiency
- Air conditioning efficiency is rated by Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER). Today you will find a range from 13 SEER to 23 SEER (as SEER increases, cost increases, however operation cost lowers). The highest SEER numbers are the most efficient units and give you the largest return on your investment.
- Heating efficiency is rated according to its Annual Fuel Usage Efficiency (AFUE). The top furnace ten years ago might have an AFUE of 80%. Furnaces offered today are available with ratings as high as 95%. This means the system is burning 95% of its gas to produce usable heat, with almost no waste. These systems are as close to perfectly efficient as can be engineered.
- Heat pump efficiency is rated by Heating Season Performance Factor (HSPF). The higher the HSPF rating, the less electricity the unit will use to do its job. Before 1992, 5 HSPF was good. Now the minimum is 7.7, and the maximum available is 9.35.
For central air conditioning and heating systems, installation and service
Call 703-COMFORT/703-266-3678 today
We service central air conditioning and heating systems in Alexandria, Arlington, McLean, Fairfax, and all surrounding areas.
2019 Carrier President's Award
We have been awarded the 2019 Carrier President’s Award. This is Carrier’s highest honor and is presented to an elite group of Carrier Factory Authorized Dealers who have achieved excellence. We exemplify our company’s model for customer satisfaction, operational excellence, business effectiveness and delivering the best in cutting edge technology to our consumers.
- 3 Levels of Service Agreements with discounts
- Energy audits for your home or office
- We service ALL brands of heating and A/C units
Award Winning Service
Winner of Carrier’s highest honor with the 2019 Carrier Presidents Award.
Highly Trained Techs
Our technicians are trained in the latest technology to save you money and increase the life of your HVAC unit
Licence & Insured
Our service team is licensed and insured for your protection on every job we perform.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I start considering replacing my furnace?
The Department of Energy recommends considering replacing furnaces that are 15 years or older or that are not keeping you comfortable.
When should I start considering replacing my heat pump or air conditioner?
The Department of Energy recommends considering replacing heat pump and air conditioning systems that are more than 10 years old or that are not keeping you comfortable.
How often should I change my filter?
This is a very good question. The type of filtration system you have determines how often you should clean or change your filter. If you use entry level throw-away filters, then you would want to change the filter monthly. If you have an upgraded filter, you could go as long as 6 months before a replacement is needed. If you have an electronic air cleaner or electrostatic filter, you should consider cleaning the cells on a monthly basis. If you have a Carrier Infinity Air Purifier (this is a maintenance free air purifier that not only captures, it kills airborne pathogens such as bacteria, viruses and mold) you may be able to go as long as a year before the filter needs to be replaced.
Does the refrigerant piping need to be changed if I install a new air conditioner?
All air conditioning equipment has product data documentation provided by the manufacturer indicating the approved refrigerant pipe sizes for the air conditioner you purchased. If the piping you currently have is a different size than the manufacturer’s standard, the piping will need to be changed. If the piping is the proper size, it can be reused.