Heat pump installation is precise work, and precision workmanship is our guarantee. You have decided to invest in heat pump technology in order to save energy and save money - to reduce your electricity, gas or oil bills. A proper installation ensures you get the most out of your heat pump. We offer the most capable installation procedures available in Northern Virginia from a team of technicians whose skills are manufacturer-certified.
For heat pump installation, sales and service
Call 703-COMFORT/703-266-3678 now and receive a free estimate
Your heat pump will handle both heating and air conditioning
- A heat pump moves heat. The heat is moved by refrigerant. In the summer, for example, the refrigerant absorbs heat out of indoor air and transfers it outside. The indoor air is now much cooler and is re-circulated by the indoor air handling unit throughout your duct work.
- The same process works in reverse during the winter. The refrigerant absorbs heat from the outside air and also uses the heat generated by that process. Even outside air that is just below freezing temperature has heat that can be extracted.
- You have the option of a geothermal heat pump, which pulls heat from underground. Even when it's cold, underground temperature is very stable and warm.
- Heat pumps are called "split systems" because heat pump installation involves an outdoor portion and an indoor unit. To handle a deep cold snap, most heat pumps use electric resistance heat or a gas furnace to supplement the warmth. It may only be required 15% of the time.
- Once your project is complete, you immediately begin to use less electricity. Energy-efficiency ranges from what is called Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF). These ranges are from an HSPF of 7.7 to a 9.35 HSPF. A rating of 8.2 or greater is considered "high efficiency". That can translate into a 30 to 40% reduction in your electricity bill, if you have electric heat.
Higher efficiency units usually cost more to purchase initially, but you save money in the long run because the system literally pays you back with lower energy bills. "High efficiency" heat pump installation is a hallmark of our service. Today's heat pumps operate with leading edge technology that provides dependable, efficient and quiet performance. Since this engineering is being constantly innovated, it is crucial that trained and certified technicians install the equipment that you have selected.
Our staff learns heat pump installation from the manufacturers themselves; we service and install all brands. The Carrier Corporation, makers of top quality heat pumps, has designated us as a Factory Authorized Dealer. We are held to an exacting set of standards. By exceeding those standards, we earned the Carrier President's Award, which means we are in the top 1% of quality dealers in the United States. Without expert heat pump installation, we could never have achieved that designation.
You can get a heat pump that carries the ENERGY STAR® rating. This qualifies you for a tax rebate. Homeowners who factor the tax rebate and the years of energy savings, find heat pumps to be more cost-effective than conventional options. We will conduct an assessment of the size of the unit required for your home and your comfort preference.
Your heat pump installation will be clean and efficient. Our technicians wear shoe covers, will lay down floor mats where necessary, and clean up thoroughly. They don't consider the job "finished" until there is no sign they were there! In addition, the price you were quoted up front will be the final cost. No last-minute, hidden charges.
To schedule a free estimate on heat pump installation
We provide heat pump installation in Alexandria, Arlington, McLean, Fairfax, and all surrounding cities.