Central air conditioning and heating systems are engineered today to be better than they have ever been in history. You will receive energy savings, money savings, as well as a level of comfort unheard of ten years ago. We are excited to show you these innovations!
You have chosen the specialists in central air conditioning
and heating systems in Northern Virginia. Call 703-COMFORT/703-266-3678 today for a free estimate
Your air conditioning and heating installation usually involves replacing both indoor and outdoor pieces at once if done correctly. This ensures the system you are investing in achieves its designed capacity and efficiency.
There are two types of central air conditioners:
- Split System: This has an outdoor piece called a condenser (heat pump or air conditioner) and is paired with an indoor piece called either a furnace or air handler.
- Package System: Combines both the indoor and outdoor pieces as one. This package system is located outdoors. Generally, package systems are used for commercial applications or specific residential applications.
Both of these types of central air conditioning and heating systems quietly heat and cool your home. They also control humidity levels in both heating and cooling seasons.
If you have a furnace that is newer or working well but you do not have central air conditioning, we can pair the existing furnace with new central air conditioning system.
Heat pumps:These are central air conditioning and heating systems also that handle the heating and cooling in with one unit called a heat pump. If you heat your home with electricity, a heat pump system is more efficient. It can produce two or three times more heat using the same amount of electricity your electric furnace is using now. That can translate into a 30 to 40 percent cut in your electricity bill.
- Heat pumps, air conditioners and furnaces with the ENERGY STAR® label qualify consumers for a tax credit of up to 30% of the cost of the unit. This is a credit, so the full amount comes right off the top of your tax bill. Not only will you receive a tax rebate, you also recieve significant utility cost savings.
We stand by our installation workmanship by guaranteeing 100% satisfaction. That is not an idle boast. Carrier, the first-rate central air conditioning and heating systems manufacturer, has ranked us in the top 1% of furnace installation contractors in the US.
Why this benefits you: An improperly installed unit will not operate at its peak efficiency and can be more prone to breakdowns. You will be saddled with these problems for the 15 to 20 year life of the system. Many contractors sell central air conditioning and heating systems, however no other company in Northern Virginia matches our technicians training and record of flawless installations.
Choosing a system is all about efficiency
- Air conditioning efficiency is rated by Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER). Today you will find a range from 13 SEER to 23 SEER (as SEER increases, cost increases, however operation cost lowers). The highest SEER numbers are the most efficient units and give you the largest return on your investment.
- Heating efficiency is rated according to its Annual Fuel Usage Efficiency (AFUE). The top furnace ten years ago might have an AFUE of 80%. Furnaces offered today are available with ratings as high as 95%. This means the system is burning 95% of its gas to produce usable heat, with almost no waste. These systems are as close to perfectly efficient as can be engineered.
- Heat pump efficiency is rated by Heating Season Performance Factor (HSPF). The higher the HSPF rating, the less electricity the unit will use to do its job. Before 1992, 5 HSPF was good. Now the minimum is 7.7, and the maximum available is 9.35.
- For central air conditioning and heating systems, installation and service
Call 703-COMFORT/703-266-3678 today
We service central air conditioning and heating systems in Alexandria, Arlington, McLean, Fairfax, and all surrounding areas.